Behaviour Mentor: This service will provide 1:1/ Group mentoring sessions during the school day; support for pupils in Key Stage 1, 2 and 3 who are at risk of exclusion from school. The children may be at risk of fixed-term or permanent exclusion.
A mentor will work with identified children for a negotiated period to:
- Review targets set in previous weeks
- Keep mentee engaged with an exciting session plan
- Discuss incidents that have occurred in-between sessions and identify occasions where the mentee handled a difficult situation well; also, to identify situations where the mentee could have handled a situation differently and demonstrate how this might have been done
- Assess progress to longer term targets and identify how the mentees might go about achieving the targets and accompanying rewards
Motivational Speakers: This service will provide motivational speaking for individuals and groups who may be at risk of exclusion or to raise aspirations.
- Guest Speaker
- Motivational Video
- Question and answer
(Rewards would be linked to children’s stated interests.)
Help The Youth now supplies screened and vetted:-
- Teaching assistants.
- SEN Support
- Exam invigilators
- Support Workers
( All staff are subjected to DBS checks)
Benefits of our services include
- Support mentees self-esteem
- Reduce the exclusion rate
- Help participants acknowledge and fulfil their potential.
- Positive role models for participants.
- Reduce disruption in classrooms.
- Work experience
- Enhanced independent learning
- Oral presentation skills
- Mentees will be matched to suited mentors
- Key skills
- Assist positive development
- Reinforce positive behaviour
- Professional and Qualified members of staff